Seeking for a stable job these days are considerably hard, especially with the huge competitive nature among job seekers. For those who are residing in South Arica and want to improve the country’s welfare by joining government while at the same time having a stable careers, Department of Labour Available learnerships in your answer. The main responsibility of this department is to issue legislation related to labor activities and practices regulation. Department of Labour plays an essential role in reducing unemployment, inequality, and poverty via a bunch of programs and regulations developed in discussion with various social affiliates that are intended to employment creation, lessening employment’s poverty, healthy labour relations, eliminating discrimination and inequality in the working environment, and improved economic productivity and efficiency.
From the latest update, the highest management in Department of Labour is held by Nelisiwe Midred Oliphant, the Minister of Labour. This department is divided into some divisions, such as Inspection and Enforcement Services, Labor Policy and Industrial Relations, Public Employment Services, Unemployment Insurance Fund, Compensation Fund, Chief Operating Officer, and Corporate Services.
South African Department of Labour holds the principle to treat their employees with care, respect, and dignity. This organization also promote and respect ethical behavior and integrity, development and learning, accountability, and customer centered services. They are living up to the values of Batho Pele and the basis of Services Charter of the Department. Through management system of the organization’s performance, it also teaches its principle.
The Principles of Batho Pele are made to provide a guide to all service providers on the way to improve customer services and relations. The objective of these principles is to ensure customers’ satisfaction and happiness from understanding the amount of hard work done by the service providers to present the top services. Another objectives is to promote the Government of South Africa with quality. The principles can be read below:
- Leadership: the organization’s leadership should promote, inspire, and support an excellence culture to create a difference for people who live around the organization.
- Consult: organization will consult with stakeholders on the quality and level of the services provided and give feedback.
- Customer Impact: the organization should strive for a positive client experience at the front side of the service and improve citizens’ rights to ensure the accountability of the services provided by the organization.
- Service standards: the service standards of the organization is the promise on services’ quality that the customer can expect.
- Service Excellence: the organization should encourage innovation and compensate service excellence to improve service excellence.
- Access: every citizen should possess equal access to every service they are permitted.
- Value for Money: the organization should guarantee value for money by giving services efficiently and economically, and fighting corruption and fraud.
- Courtesy: the organization must treat their clients with courtesy, respect, and dignity all the time.
- Transparent and Open: the organization should be transparent and open about the way they work.
- Information: the organization should provide timeous and accurate information about all services the customers are permitted to receive.
- Redress: the organization should give redress if the service standards are not well-delivered.
Those are the brief overview regarding the organization and what you probably will focus on if you choose Department of Labour Learnerships. What about payment? Just like most governmental jobs, you will have a more stable income as your wage is directly given by the government. The amount may be similar or slightly lower than private institution, but it is definitely worth the income stability it offers. Make sure to do more research before applying by visiting their website or contacting them through social media.